If you are new in teaching or a veteran, there is always room to improve in your career. If you are struggling with a few such problems in your class but never got the time to discuss with any of your peers maybe the following list would help you get a start. You would be surprised to find out how many faculty are in your shoes.
Teaching Strategy and Tools
- How Can I Improve Lessons with a 4-step Plan?
- What Is The Role of Communication in Teaching Excellence?
- How Can I Best Learn from My Mentor?
- What Are Five Tips for Writing Effective Learning Outcomes?
Efficient use of Technology
- How Can I Use Technology to Improve Learning?
- How Can I Enhance Class Using Story, Popular Media and Objects?
- How Can I Make My Course Content More Accessible?
- How Can I Improve My PowerPoint Presentation Skills?
- Can I Safely Use Facebook with Students for Class Interaction?
Engaging Activities in Classroom
- How Can I Capture Students’ Interest in the First 5 Minutes?
- How Do I Get Students to Come to Class Prepared?
- How Do I Get More Students to Participate in Class?
- How Can I Use Discussion to Facilitate Learning?
- What Activities and Assignments Promote Critical Thinking?
- What Kind of Questions Encourage Student Interaction?
- How Can I Structure a Flipped Lesson?
Effective Assessments and Grading
- How Can Rubrics Make Grading Easier and Faster?
- What Is Essential in a Grading Policy?
- How Can I Minimize Cheating in the Classroom?
- What Is the Best Way to Grade Participation?
- How Do I Give Feedback that Improves Student Writing?
- How Can I Transform My Tests into Learning Tools?
How do I access these videos:
- Get access to more than 150 videos on teaching and learning by requesting your login info at [email protected]
- To view a presentation, click on the title of the program you wish to view. On the following page, click the play button in the center of the video screen to begin the presentation. To view the related seminar materials, click on the appropriate link next to the program.
NOTE: Access to the programs on 20-Minute Mentor Commons will available through December 12, 2016.